Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Short Story

Hey AJamsters! I got really bored and I came up with a short story. I thought I should share it because it has to do with an insect.


Melvin the snail
By Lindsey L.
One day a snail was lounging around under a plum tree. Melvin, the snail was a pretty nice snail, most of the time.  He would be nice to an animal when he first meet them but later on, he would be pretty mean. A lot of the animals in the forest don’t know why he’s like that. Some think he’s the best snail in the universe since he is really fast and he can go around the world in one second! But most say that he’s selfish and greedy and just do races so he can win and be popular.
“Melvin?” asked a young turtle standing near the tree.
“Have I met you before?” questioned Melvin.
“No but I would like to ask a question about you,” shyly smiled the turtle.
“Fine, but be quick with it I have to start being fast again,” grumbled Melvin. The turtle quickly nodded his head and said, “How come you’re so fast and I’m not?” he interrogated. Melvin just laughed. “No one is fast as I am! I’m technically the fastest snail around,” he chuckled. Now, the young turtle wasn’t so happy that Melvin was saying that he was better than everyone because of his running.
“I want to race you,” the turtle said with a straight voice. Melvin stopped laughing and looked at the turtle for a long time.
“I want to race you,” repeated the turtle.
“Fine. A race it is! When will this so called race happen?” asked Melvin.
“Right here, right now,” Turtle said firmly. Melvin smiled and got a stick and started making a starting line. While they were getting ready and stretching for the race, a very old and wise squirrel watched them. Turtle and Melvin got ready to race and boom! Melvin had already raced all around the world like a fast cheetah while Turtle on the other hand had only stepped a few inches. Melvin had won.
“I won! I won! I won! I won once again! No one can out run me!” bragged Melvin. Lots of animals in the forest cheered for Melvin while the old squirrel watched as Melvin was bragging. Once the crowd of animals was gone,  the turtle and the squirrel (Margaret) came out to see Melvin.
“Well, old squirrel! You’re here of course to congratulate me for winning the race!” smiled Melvin.
“I am not here to congratulate you. I am here to say how foolish you are,” said Margaret. Melvin’s smile faded away.
“This must be a joke!” shouted Melvin. While Melvin wasn’t looking, Margaret put a spell on Melvin so he won’t be fast. Instead, he’ll be the slowest snail in the whole wide universe.
“Watch me old squirrel! This’ll make you want to congratulate me!” yelled Melvin. He was going to run around the whole world once again but he didn’t. All he did was be slow.
“What?! What have you done to me?” he cried.
“Until you won’t be foolish like you are right now, you will be slow forever,” explained Margaret. Melvin was going to tell her to make him be fast again but she vanished. To this day, snails are slow because of Melvin.





IT'S A WORKING PROGRESS SO NU HATING!!!! This short story was made by meh and it was a long time ago... in my 4th grade.

**GreenLeafs**

No comments:

Post a Comment